- »I know, from my own experience, what Rudolf has gone through. When I was 15 years old, I said to my mother:
'I have found my calling in life. I would like to be an author.' 'Son,' my mother answered with a sad look in her eyes, 'your father is an engineer. He is a man of logic, a man of reason, with a precise view of the world. Do you know what that means, to be an author?' 'Someone who writes books,' I replied.«
(Paulo Coelho, An abstract of his preface for ROCK YOUR LIFE)
- »Best wishes for every success with your first book. Like your musicianship I am sure it will be remarkable. We are honored to have you in the Gibson family and consider you, the Ultimate Flying V Player, an amazing friend. With my best regards and wishes for great success.«
(Henry Juszkiewicz, Chairman and CEO of Gibson Guitar Corp)
- »Rudolf Schenker and his co-author Lars Amend have created a completely new genre – the biography guidebook.«
(WELT am SONNTAG)
In A Nutshell
This book is not about material success, but about success in life.
No pain, no gain, by the sweat of one’s brow? No way! Rudolf Schenker is living proof that the exact opposite is the case. With strong determination, he followed a different path. His top priority – that he should enjoy what he was doing. In this book, he describes how he came to adopt this maxim, why it works and how you too, can make it your motto in life. It includes a wealth of exciting anecdotes from the 40-year history of his band Scorpions.
… PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOUR SURROUNDINGS ARE TELLING YOU
My path to the guitar took several detours, like so much in life. Love at first sting? Error message! I can still remember that car ride into that open-air bath, at the end of the fifties, when my father switched the radio on and I had my first thoughts about what was blasting out of both loudspeakers. I couldn’t care less about the DJ’s blathering, what I was interested in was the music!
Spellbound, I sat with my eyes wide open on the back seat of our car and was fascinated and astounded in equal measure. I could not for the life of me imagine what this was supposed to be, and above all how these sounds were being produced. So I asked mum, who was sitting in the passenger’s seat, holding my little brother …
Download all extracts:
Foreword by Paulo Coelho
- SEEING THROUGH THE EYES OF A CHILD
- YOU CAN’T FAIL!
- PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOUR SURROUNDINGS ARE TELLING YOU
- THE ANXIETY EPIDEMIC
- Let’s talk about money!
- MIND, BODY, SOUL
- WE ARE ALL WARRIORS OF LIGHT
Rudolf Schenker, born in 1948, is actually a qualified high voltage electrician, but he soon decided that in future, he was only going to do things that he really enjoyed doing. Things like playing the guitar and founding the most successful German rock band of all time.
born in 1978 in Gießen, is a music journalist and bestselling author. He has worked for Tower Records in London, MTV and VIVA, JETZT magazine and for radio stations Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg and Hessischer Rundfunk.